I breakfasted at home one day this week, and as I had a bit more time on my hands I fancied something a bit different for my tastebuds from my usual mashed avocado and egg combo. My pancake is quite egg heavy to make it filling, so don’t think of this as a skinny Shrove Tuesday pancake – it’s definitely on the thicker side of the pancake thickness scale….
This combo makes a great weekend breakfast.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed (future ingredient of the week when I shall reveal more about this wondrous stuff)
- Kara coconut milk
- Coconut oil to fry
- Blueberries and banana to top (mine were frozen)
- Whisk the eggs with the flaxseed and add enough coconut milk to make a runnier consistency (it was probably a 1/3 cup also).
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a large frying pan and swirl around the pan to coat it (very important whole pan is coated or the batter will stick)
- Pour in the mixture to cover the pan. When the underside is browned and therefore loose use a spatula to flip the pancake over. After a few mins fold the pancake in half and top with the frozen blueberries and banana
Half way through eating I realised this would probably be good with a few nuts of top for extra crunch and goodness too so I threw on some walnuts and slithered almonds. Made a very tasty change 😉
Top tip: Frozen bluberries make an incredibly tasty snack any time of day, just like eating little pellets of fruity lollies! And so full of antioxidants they really are a brilliant snack choice plus they’ll keep in the freezer for yonks, not that you’ll be able to leave them there!
By coincidence my friend Adura had also make pancakes for breakfast on that day, and also with blueberries (we both twitter about our food far too much @Adura_O if you want to follow her) Adura makes smaller ones and with ground almonds. Adura’s recipe is on her blog here – Adura\’s pancakes I’ll look forward to trying her recipe in comparison soon (pic below)!