Hooray, finally this evening I had a chance to cook again. Kitchen how I have missed you! This week has been crazy busy with lots of eating on the go and as a result I’ve been craving some simple home cooked food. This morning I whipped some salmon fillets out of the freezer to defrost while I was out at work, and with some additional fresh veg bought from my local store on my way home, and some herbs from my window boxes – hey presto dinner was born. What I love most about this sort of dish (other than the taste) is that you can stick it in the oven and whilst it cooks catch up on all the other things you haven’t had time to do around the house this week….
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 wild salmon fillets
- Veg to roast: courgette, red pepper, tomato, onion
- Sun-dried tomato
- Slices of Lemon
- Olive oil
- Fresh Basil & Rocket to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Chop the courgette, onion, tomato and pepper into chunks and place in roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil, seasoning and chopped up sun-dried tomatoes (I use Merchant Gourmet ones).
- Place in oven uncovered for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes remove dish and place Salmon skin side down on top of the veg. Season and top with sliced lemon and a little more oil.
- Cover the dish with foil and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes
- Remove & top with fresh rocket and basil (from windowsill), plate up and enjoy!