I’m off to Wimbledon to watch the tennis tomorrow – yay! As no doubt we’d be ripped off something cronic from the food stalls at Wimbs (and it would probably all be bread-based anyway) me and my friend have decided to take our own picnic. My contribution is these drumsticks – perfect finger food to gnaw on between the matches, strawberries and Pimms :). This was so simple to do and the combinations of flavours you could use as a marinade is endless. I just threw something together from the resources of my spice rack! I bet these would taste stunning on the BBQ.
- Free-range chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Dried mixed herbs
- lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a bowl and sprinkle with the herbs, spices and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add a glug of olive oil and with your hands rub the spices and oil into the chicken to ensure good coverage.
- Ideally leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes. (I put mine on a rack on top of a foil-lined baking try so that the fat drains out of the chicken).
- Devour / cool and refrigerate for tomorrow’s picnic.