Avid readers of Cucina Ceri will know that I’m practically addicted to avocado and tahini, and today I decided to blend them together along with some coconut milk for extra runnyness in order to make a suitable creamy coleslaw dressing. Nom. I love coming up with new ways to eat the same food. This would also work as a general salad dressing.
Just a quick post today, as alongside my new special coleslaw I had a very simple throw it together dinner – 1/2 fillet baked salmon, 1/2 fillet baked haddock in coconut oil (half because I was cooking for lunch tomorrow too and couldn’t decide which to have tonight), accompanied by courgette and peppers also roasted in coconut oil (20 mins for fish and veg).
- 1 Avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- squeeze lemon juice
- a few basil leaves
- grated carrots
- grated purple (or white) cabbage
- sesame seeds
- Blend the avocado with the tahini, coconut milk, lemon juice, basil (optional). Adjust quantities for desired consistency.
- Pour over grated carrots and cabbage and ensure well combined.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- I added spinach too.