This week most of my dinners (and following day lunches) have been nothing more complicated than a ‘chuck-it-together’ paprika chicken stir fry, or one day I made some Thai pork burgers with some roasted veg. Absolutely delicious of course 😉 but not different enough from stuff that’s already on the blog to warrant copying up the recipe. Then when I was searching for something different to eat one evening I stumbled across some mussels in the supermarket. I realised I haven’t had them for absolutely ages. I really love seafood, in fact Spaghetti Seafood used to be one of my favourite dishes. I literally used to have it twice a week from a cafe near my office. So I decided to recreate the dish, and make a spicy, creamy tomato sauce to go with. Lovely.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 medium courgette, spiralized
- portion of mussels (not in shells – around 120g per person)
- 8 cherry (plum) tomatoes
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground almonds
- clove garlic
- pinch Himalayan Salt
- pinch chilli flakes
- Watercress/Spinach/Rocket mix to serve
- First make the sauce – blend the olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, ground almonds, pinch salt and half of the cherry tomatoes in a blender and set aside.
- Fry the garlic in a little olive oil until soft, then add in the mussels. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add the spiralized courgettes to the pan, and continue to cook for a few mins stir until softened.
- Pour in the sauce along with a pinch of chilli flakes, the rest of the cherry tomatoes (quartered) and stir until well covered.
- Serve on top of some green leaves – I happened to have bought a bargain bag of Organic Watercress, Spinach and Rocket mix.
- Season with black pepper (of course)