I’ve been crazy busy with work this week, and eating out and on the hoof an awful lot… Doesn’t mean I haven’t been eating healthily though, just spending more than I would usually approve on a range of tasty paleo take-aways around London (my favourite being the Salmon Sashimi and Salad I had from a Sushi restaurant last night mmm).
Anyway…. I digress! I made this for breakfast a little while ago and thought I’d share the knowledge on the ‘how-to’. So very easy, and makes a nice change to be a little more creative in the kitchen at breakfast time.
For more info on flaxseed read this post I wrote a while back
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Coconut oil
- 2-3 eggs
- Ground Flax seed
- Peppers (bell)
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a small frying pan,
- Meanwhile mix an egg white with 2 Tablespoons of flaxseed and 2 tablespoons of water, pour this into the hot frying pan, and ensure the pan is covered (as you would for a pancake).
- When the underside is cooked, flip over with a spatula and cook until done. Slide off on to a plate.
- Sauté some sliced bell peppers, then whisk in the spare egg yolk along with with a second or third whole egg and cook until scrambled.
- Top the egg and pepper mixture onto the pancake, add some mashed avocado, roll and devour (you may need to use knife and fork!)
NB you can make bigger wraps by adding more flax, etc and using a large frying pan. This makes it easier to wrap, you could also leave it cold then pack it with chicken, tuna and salad etc for a lunch time treat.