It’s all about mini veg, green things and thinks that make me smile In this week’s “Five Friday Favourites” list….
- Baby Aubergines: Found these in the supermarket last week and bought them simply because they looked cute. They roast in just 30 mins and make a perfect addition to a mezze style lunch platter of random left over veg, fermented carrots, a bit of protein and my homemade mayo which I’ve had a few days this week at work.
- Using parsley as a salad base: I love to buy huge bunches of parsley from my local Turkish supermarket – a bargain at just 99p. This enables me to plate up parsley in the same way as rocket, spinach or watercress – so so good! (see pic)
- Arame seaweed: I tried this in a salad at my cooking course on Monday night – paired with kale and broccoli. Really interesting taste so I may experiment with it myself soon. Seaweed has some amazing health benefits
- The sunshine: Just because… Expect to see lots more salads, grilled meats and fish on the blog for the next few months! I’ll still be making use of my slow cooker though – don’t fear!
- My new blog name: Every time I open my blog I smile – I love the logo, I love the clear layout and I’m loving the new name – hope you guys do to!